In this episode we discuss all things Intuitive Eating and how it has shaped our food philosophies, both personally and in our careers. But first, Rachel made the most DELICIOUS cookies ever, and Erinn tried really hard to not eat them all. Instead, they both savored every chocolatey, crumbly morsel. Guilt free!
We’ve talked about Intuitive Eating in almost every episode so far, and it’s about time we spent some quality time discussing our favorite topic. We explain what the Intuitive Eating concept is, why and how it works for us, our personal journeys into this food philosophy (WARNING: we get deep! like, Junior High insecurities deep!), and how others can get started in this eating practice if they so desire! Special thanks to Rachel’s family and Erinn’s family for providing insightful thoughts on the topic of Intuitive Eating.
Things we discussed in this episode:
Intuitive Eating (THE BOOK) by Evelyn Tribole MS, RD and Elyse Resch MS, RD, FADA, CEDRD
Rachel’s other favorite books and resources:
Ellyn Satter’s “What is Normal Eating?”
Eat What You Love and Love What You Eat by Michele May, MD
Erinn’s other favorite books:
Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth
Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen
Rated explicit because we include a blooper at the end where Erinn takes the Lord’s name in vain and Rachel drops the F bomb. Rated clean if you skip the bloopers!
We also want to thank those who have been listening to our show, leaving reviews and comments, sending messages on Facebook and by email- it truly means so much that this fun, creative project we have put out there is being heard and enjoyed! In case you’re wondering how to leave a review on iTunes for us, here’s a brief how-to:
Click this link to go to our page on the iTunes Store, click the button, “Write a Review,” create a nickname or use your real name, let us know what you think of the show, and click submit! Thanks again for joining us around our kitchen table!
Elyssa's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips (I prefer milk chocolate chips and use an entire 11.5 oz bag)
- Either in a Kitchen Aid mixer bowl or by hand, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix well
- Slowly add in the flour. I usually add a cup at a time to the mixing bowl
- Add salt and baking soda, mix until well combined with other ingredients
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips to the dough
- OPTIONAL STEP: Chill your dough overnight, or if you really have the time, chill for 36-48 hours. This allows the dough to "age"
- Scoop your desired cookie size and place dough on a baking sheet. I usually spray a fine layer of non-stick cooking spray. I can usually get ten cookies on my sheet per batch
- Place sheet into an oven preheated to 375 degrees F and cook for 8-10 minutes or to desired doneness. I like them dough-y!
- Recipe yields about 20-25 cookies. Savor them all!
The Table Chat Show http://tablechatshow.com/