In today’s episode, we are celebrating BIRTHAWEEN! It’s a holiday we made up to celebrate, well, ourselves and our 16th episode! We chat all about what Birthaween even is, why we deserve to be celebrated, why we love parties and celebrations so much, what it means to us to have hit our 16th episode and why we believe people should celebrate themselves often and randomly. We also played some party games like the ever-gross but ever-popular Beanboozled, a round of rapid-fire question and answer, and exchanged traditional Birthaween gifts that remind us of each other. Think: taco truck taco holders and pumpkin spice face masks.
To fit the celebration theme, Rachel also made green tea mini ice cream sandwiches (chocolate dipped and sea salt sprinkled-gah!). These were so delicious and such a fun party snack!
As we mentioned on the show, to celebrate a lucky 16 episodes, a thank you for your support, and help to further grow our community, we are hosting A GIVEAWAY with a big-ass assortment of our favorite Table Chat Show goodies that we have discussed and/or used on each on of our episodes.
Here’s how to win:
1) Follow us on one or all of our social media accounts
2) Leave us a review/love note on either iTunes *or* Stitcher Radio
3) After you’ve left a review, send us an email anytime between Monday, October 31st-Thursday, November 24th to firstname.lastname@example.org with: Your username used to write your review.
4) If you’ve already written a review and follow us on social media, email us with your username you used to write the review in the past!
That’s it! Between Monday, October 31st – Thursday, November 24th: Follow us on at least one account. Leave us a review. Let us know what review is yours by sending us an email and be entered to win our BIRTHAWEEN Table Chat Prize!
iTunes (illustrated how-to):
Stitcher Radio (illustrated how-to):
Green Tea Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 pint green tea ice cream (I used Haagen-Dazs, but other brands available at most Asian Markets!)
- 48 butter cracker rounds (I used organic Golden Crackers from Sprouts)
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Course sea salt for sprinkling (I used Maldon Sea Salt)
- In a medium bowl, stir together softened green tea ice cream. At this point you could mix in any additional delicious goodies like chopped chocolate, but I kept it simple.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer to reharden for 4 hours, or overnight.
- To assemble sandwiches, soften the ice cream just slightly and use a small ice cream scooper to scoop a heaping tablespoon of ice cream onto the bottom side of a butter cracker. Top with another butter cracker and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Continue until all the ice cream is gone and quickly place the assembled ice cream sandwiches in the freezer. Freeze for 2 hours before dipping.
- While the sandwiches are re-freezing, melt chocolate and coconut oil together (either over a double boiler or in the microwave) until smooth and combined. Place the chocolate in a small (but not shallow) bowl.
- Remove the frozen sandwiches from the freezer and dip half of the cracker sandwich into the milk chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and return to the freezer to harden the chocolate after all of the sandwiches are dipped.
- Once the chocolate is hardened, sandwiches can be stored in a freezer-safe bag or container!
Adapted from Joy the Baker
Adapted from Joy the Baker
The Table Chat Show http://tablechatshow.com/