Today’s episode is all about living a truly healthy AND guilt-free holiday season. We chat about carving out time for yourself during this busy season, staying mindful, embracing the right to savor your meals without judgement, and how to truly ENJOY the holiday season. We have our minds blown by some holiday-focused facts thanks to The National Retail Federation and we review, “The Intuitive Eater’s Holiday Bill of Rights” by the creators of Intuitive Eating. We both get a great refresher on how to say NO to pushy people and how to eat this holiday season without judgement.
Rachel prepared a Cauliflower Mash perfect as a side dish to any holiday party. We get deep about flavor variations as well. Truffle oil and parmesan, anyone? Let us know what you try!
Don’t forget to enter our BIRTHAWEEN GIVEAWAY! Click here for instructions on how to enter.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (we love garlic, as well as black truffle infused olive oil!)
- 3 tabelspoons milk
- 2 tabelspoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop the core finely.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to a simmer in a pot, then add the cauliflower. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook the cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain and discard all of the water (the drier the cauliflower is, the better!) and add the milk, Greek yogurt, olive oil, salt and pepper and mash with a masher until it looks like "mashed potatoes."
- Top with chives as desired!