Today’s episode is a good one not only because we’re talking all about our personalities, but we also made some fruity mocktails! That’s right, we made mocktails, because no one needs to hear us drunk on actual cocktails on this show. These aren’t just just any old mocktails though, we made PERSONALITY mocktails. Rachel considers herself to be a fun and sparkling “Blackberry Nectarine Wow-Jito” and Erinn is a a sweet but spicy “Pear Ginger Quirk.” We know, quit our day jobs and start naming drinks full-time.
As this was the personalities episode, we took the ever-popular and pretty accurate, Meyers Briggs test. Erinn is an INFP and Rachel is an INFJ. One letter difference! We also discussed the best and worst parts of our own personality traits, the personalities of our significant others (different again!), how that impacts our relationships, and what gets on our nerves. Hint: Pushy, free sample-giving mall workers.
Things we discussed during this episode:
16 Personalities – Meyers Briggs Quiz (takes about 10-12 minutes and gives great explanations, visuals, and tells you who in history and pop culture shares your personality!)
- 1 cup pear juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (4-inch) sprig fresh rosemary
- Sparkling soda
- Optional: sliced pear for garnish and crystallized ginger
- Combine pear juice, lemon juice, honey, sugar, rosemary, ginger, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugars.
- Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the solids. Let syrup cool completely in the fridge.
- To serve, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with ice cubes, add 3 tablespoons of syrup, fill with soda water to the brim, and stir. Add more syrup for a sweeter or stronger flavor.
- 2 white nectarines
- Handful of blackberries
- 8-12 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado sugar
- 2 glass cups
- 2-4 Ice cubes
- 2 cups sparking water or club soda
- 1 lime (for making sugar rim and adding to drink as desired)
- Peel and dice nectarines
- Place nectarine pieces, blackberries, mint leaves, and sugar into a bowl and muddle together (using the top flat end of a wooden spoon works great!)
- Place even amount of fruit mixture into two glasses with 1-2 ice cubes per glass
- Top with sparking water or club soda- add as much as desired
- Squeeze in line as desired
- Garnish with a sprig of mint to look fancy
- If adult beverage desired, recommend to add rum as desired
- To make a sugar rim on your glass before making your drink, squeeze half a lime onto a plate. Dip the rim of your empty cup into the juice, then immediately dip into a separately plate of the sugar.